I have never meditated before, are these classes suitable for me?
- Yes, classes are open to everyone regardless of experience. Instructions on how to do the meditations are provided by the teacher who will also guide you through the meditation. If you do struggle with the meditation you can always just sit there and relax for a while!
What if I am not religious or practice a religion other than Buddhism?
- Everyone is welcome to attend. Anyone can learn basic meditation and experience the benefits. Buddhism is a non-evangelical religion. Buddhists respect all people and are happy to help anyone regardless of whether they subscribe to another faith or to none. We make Buddhas teachings available to everyone with the belief that they are practical methods to solve daily problems.
What should I wear?
- There are no dress requirements, please wear whatever you feel comfortable in
Will I have to sit on the floor?
- Although some classes do have the option to sit on the floor, there are always chairs available. However, If there is a special reason why you need to sit on the floor please let us know and we can reserve a mat for you.
Do I have to wait for the next series of classes to begin?
- No, please feel free to drop in whenever you like. Attending the entire series of classes is highly beneficial, as each class builds on the next. However, each class is taught in such a way that if you only attend one class, you will derive benefit from it.
Do I have to book online?
- Please try to book online for weekend courses and other events. For weekly classes booking online is useful, but you can just turn up and pay on the door. You can also get a discount on all our weekly meditation classes by buying a Series Ticket online.