Starting on June 2020
Tuesday evenings - 7.30pm - 9pm. With Gen Varahi.
The classes are streamed via YouTube. The link is available for 1 week, so you can watch whenever convenient.
You will receive the link to your registered email address 1 hour before the class starts.
What is the class about?
Our ordinary life is filled with difficulties, uncertainty and problems. These days they seem to be rapidly increasing. Therefore we need to find genuine solutions that bring deep inner peace to transcend our troubled world.
In this series of classes, we look at understanding how our delusions, negative habits of mind, are the real enemy destroying our peace and happiness, and practical methods to overcome them.
Each class consists of two guided meditations and a talk. Suitable for beginners, they are an ideal introduction to meditation and Buddhism.
As with all our Tuesday meditation classes you can book a whole series online for a 25% discount.
30 June 2020
Bursting the ego of pride with humility
7 July 2020
Dissolving the tension of self grasping
14 July 2020
Enjoying the truth of the peace of wisdom
Daily Meditations - Online Guided Sessions
Starting a daily meditation practice - Meditations with Gen Varahi
Meditations daily – 6 classes per series/week. Each class lasts for 1 hour and will be streamed on YouTube.
Starting Monday 4 May 2020. Also available on catch up. Book below.
- Inner peace is the foundation of our ability to be happy and meditation is the inner scientific method that brings about inner peace
- If our mind is peaceful all the time, we will be happy all the time, regardless of our external conditions
- Meditation is a mind that is single-pointedly focused on a positive object (such as patience, love and compassion) and through doing so functions to make the mind peaceful and calm.
- When our mind is peaceful we are happy, job well done!
Every cloud has a silver lining... During this unusual situation and challenging uncertain time, we can take advantage of this condition to build the real inner protection of inner peace in our own mind, through engaging in a daily meditation practice.
In this series of Daily Meditation Practice, we will focus on positive, meaningful objects that will help transform our mind from negative, unhappy, dull states to clear, peaceful happy states of wisdom.
The Daily Meditation Practice will run for three weeks. We will engage in 18 meditations spread over the course of three weeks. There is a new meditation almost every day, it is recommended you engage in one meditation a day (and you can repeat that meditation twice a day if you wish).
You can sign up for one meditation at a time, book a whole week or all three weeks. The meditations will be taken from Modern Buddhism and Mirror of Dharma (with additions) by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. Each meditation is guided and lasts roughly 45 minutes. There is an introduction teaching before beginning the Daily Meditation Practice.
- Open to everyone
- Designed for beginners
- Available on-demand
- Fully guided
- Book a taster meditation for £3; or
- Book each week individually (Cost £12) or book the entire 3 weeks for a 30% discount (Cost £25)
- Links for YouTube will be sent out by email at 10am on 4 May 2020
- Book below